The Peoples Democratic Party, PDP Kano State chapter is currently conducting its gubernatorial primary election in Lugard Avenue, residence of the former governor, Rabiu Kwankwaso.
The former governor is contesting for the presidential ticket of the party.
Daily Nigerian reports that the exercise kicked off Tuesday morning.
It was gathered that only delegates loyal to the former governor and presidential aspirant faction were accredited.
Kwankwaso’s son in-law, Abba Yusuf, a former commissioner, may likely emerge unopposed as other aspirants were not in the picture at the venue.
An aspirant outside Kwankwasiyya group who traced the venue and is participating in the process is Jafar Sani Bello.
Kano PDP governorship primaries scheduled for last Sunday was later postponed by the national headquarters pending resolution of some issues.
On Monday, security operatives barricaded Maraba Cinema, venue of the exercise to avoid breakdown of law and order.
Last week, the Police dispersed members of the PDP caretaker committee while the officials were holding a meeting at Sokoto Road in Kano metropolis.
The police explained that they acted on a subsisting court order against the formation of the committee by the party’s National Working Committee, NWC.
Justice NS Umar of Kano High Court in an interim order dated August 28, ordered both the applicants and the respondents to maintain the status quo ante, pending the hearing and determination of the motion on notice.
The court ordered the respondents and any other person or persons to restrain from interfering or tampering with the tenure of the existing leadership of PDP in Kano.
Umar Mai Goro Rano and four others dragged the national and state leadership of the PDP before Justice Umar, challenging the plans to restructure the party’s executive committee.
- El-rufai…See Full Names Of APC 9 Member Committee To Articulate Party’s Position On Restructuring In Nigeria
- Alleged Bribery: Court Stops Kano Assembly From Probing Ganduje
- Breaking News!! Former President Jonathan Fails To Appear Before Court To Testify As Witness In Defence Of Olisa Metuh
- Fake Police Officer Arrested After Collecting 100k Bribe From A Suspect
- We Will Drag President Buhari To Court If He Fails To Seek Reelection For A Second Term In 2019 – Kano Governor
- BREAKING: Court Orders Interim Forfeiture Of N7.6bn Linked To Diezani
- JUST IN! Tambuwal wins as Abuja court upholds Sokoto Governorship election