SEVEN State governors has endorsed President Muhammadu Buhari for a second term in office.
They said they were supporting the president because they want him to continue.
The governors are, Nasir El-rufai of Kaduna, Abubakar Bello of Niger; Ibrahim Gaidam of Yobe, Yahaya Bello of Kogi, Abdullahi Ganduje of Kano, Jibrilla Bindo of Adamawa and Simon Lalong of Plateau.
Their spokesman, El-rufai rising from a meeting with the President on Friday, said their meeting was apolitical.
“We are politicians and those of us you see here want the president to contest the 2019 election, we have no apologies for that.
“We believe in Mr President, we want him to continue running the country in the right direction. People can speculate about 2019, we have no apologies.
“Whether they are right or wrong is beside the point. Everybody is entitled to his or her own opinion but as governors, and most of us here with the exception of Yobe Governor, are first term governors.
“We are interested in continuity and stability and we want the president to continue with that.
“Like our leader, the governor of Kano said, we just happen to be here by coincidence and we went to pray and decided to felicitate with the president and we feel satisfied that anytime we see him, he is getting better and better,” he told State House Correspondents.
The Presidential and National Assembly elections will hold on February 16 2019, while governorship and State Assembly elections will be conducted on March 2.
- We Will Drag President Buhari To Court If He Fails To Seek Reelection For A Second Term In 2019 – Kano Governor
- See Photos Of President Buhari Leaving Nigeria For The USA After Meeting With Some Governors
- Governor Fayose Finally Reveals Why He Didn’t Attend Buhari’s Meeting With State Governors
- See The Moment A Delegation Of Northern Governors Arrived Abia State After IPOB Clash With Military (Photos)
- Restructuring: 19 Northern Governors Meet With Nothern Traditional Rulers In Kaduna (Photos)
- See How Northerners Welcomed Former President Goodluck Jonathan In Kano (Photos)
- Nigeria Breakup: We Cannot Afford To Make That Type Of Mistake – Gov Umar Ganduje