The Bayelsa state government has called on fleeing residents of Ndoro community in Ekeremor local government area of the state to return home.
The residents were said to have fled following the alleged beheading of a security operative by militants.
The murdered security official was reportedly negotiating with militants in the area to surrender their arms.
Daniel Iworiso-Markson, commissioner for information and orientation, told the residents that there was no cause for alarm as the situation was under control.
Iworiso-Markson gave the assurance after a meeting between Seriake Dickson, governor state governor, security chiefs, officials of the military high command, leaders and stakeholders of the community.
“His Excellency Governor Seriake Dickson met with very senior security chiefs and the military high command as well as leaders and key stakeholders to decide on the steps to take and it was agreed that the military will move in to provide the needed peace,” he said in a statement.
“So we call on all those who have fled the community to return. There is no cause to be scared as government has intervened to ensure that the situation is brought under control.”
- Tension!! 2 Dead, Six Injured As Cameroonians Clash With Nigerians Over Land (Photos)
- Monkeypox Patient In Bayelsa State Takes His Life After Successfully Recovering From The Disease
- Jubilation In Bayelsa State As 7 Out Of 13 Monkey Patients On Admission Have Been Discharged
- Monkeypox Vaccination: Governor Obiano Orders Immediate Stoppage Of The Medical Outreach In Anambra State
- Graphic Pictures Of 55 People Killed In Kaduna State Communal Clash
- Politics Is A Very Useless Business – Jonathan
- Okorocha Granted Amnesty To Don Waney Cultist Group Who Have Been Declared Wanted In Rivers State – Wike