Former Vice-President, Alex Ekwueme has been reportedly diagnosed with a chest infection, his family has revealed. A statement from his family members said that Dr. Ekwueme who slumped last week, is now in stable condition.
The statement signed by the Igwe of Oko, Prof. Laz Ekwueme for the family revealed that Dr. Ekwueme “was on Sunday 29th October 2017 admitted into hospital for a chest infection.
“It will be recalled that the former Vice-President had a quiet celebration of his 85th birthday on the 21st of October 2017 in the company of his family members and he remained in high spirits up till his recent health challenges.
“His doctors confirm that he is stable, but he will remain under close medical attention in the meantime.
“The family would like to express its profound gratitude to all Nigerians who have shown concern over this development and requests their sustained support and prayers as he continues to make a full recovery.”
Dr. Ekwueme who celebrated his 85th birthday on the 10th of October slumped at his house in Trans-Ekulu, Enugu last week. He was rushed and admitted at the Neurosurgery section of the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) of the Memphys Hospital before being transferred abroad ostensibly on an air ambulance for further treatment.
We wish him a speedy recovery.
- Igbo Hero, Alex Ekwueme Dies In London Clinic
- Breaking News: Alex Ekwueme Is Not Dead.. He Is Alive
- Good!! President Buhari Approves The Immediate Treatment Of Alex Ekwueme Outside The Nigeria
- RIP!! Alex Ekwueme’s Corpse Arrives Abuja (Photos)
- It’s Official!! Federal University, Ndufu-Ikwo, Ebonyi State Renamed Alex Ekwueme Federal University, Ebonyi State
- Oh No! Vice President Of Sports Writers Association of Nigeria, Eddie Bekom, Wife & Son Dies In A Gas Explosion (Photo)
- SAD END!! Beautiful Kenyan Lady, June Wanza Dies During Breast Enlargement Surgery (Photos)