We have compiled a list of top 10 most populated Local Government in Nigeria by population
10 Most Populated Local Government In Nigeria
1. Alimosho is a Local Government Area in the Ikeja Division, Lagos State, Nigeria It is the largest local government in Lagos, with 1,288,714 inhabitants, according to the official 2006 Census (however, the Lagos State Government disputes the official Census figures and claims a population within the LGA of more than 2 million residents). It has now been subdivided between several Local Community Development Areas (LCDA).
2. Ajeromi-Ifelodun is a Local Government Area in Badagry Division, Lagos State. It has some 57,276.3 inhabitants per square kilometer, among if not the world’s densest
Kosofe is a Local Government Area of Lagos State, Nigeria. Its headquarters are in the town of Kosofe.
It has an area of 81 km² and a population of 665,393 at the 2006 census.
One of the major settlements in Kosofe is Ikosi.
3. Mushin, A local government in Lagos State. Mushin has a population of about 633,543 people
4. Oshodi-Isolo is a Local Government Area (LGA) within Lagos State. It was formed by the second republic Governor of Lagos State, Alhaji Lateef Kayode Jakande, also known as ‘Baba Kekere’ and the first Executive Chairman of the Local Government was late Sir Isaac Ademolu Banjoko.
The LGA is part of the Ikeja Division of Lagos State, Nigeria. At the 2006 Census it had a population of 621,509 people, and an area of 45 square kilometers. Hon. Idris Bolaji Muse Ariyoh, has been re-elected for a second term into office July 25th 2017, as the Executive Chairman.
6. Ojo is a Local Government Area and town in Lagos State, Nigeria. Lagos State University is located there. it has a population of 598,332 people
7. Ikorodu is a city in north-east Lagos State, Nigeria. It is located along the Lagos Lagoon and shares a boundary with Ogun State. At the 2006 census the population was 535,619.
8. Surulere is a residential and commercial Local Government Area located on the mainland of Lagos in Lagos State, Nigeria, with an area of 23 km². At the last census in the year 2006, there were 503,975 inhabitants, with a population density of 21,864 inhabitants per square kilometer.
9. Agege is a suburb and local government area in the Ikeja Division of Lagos State, Nigeria. Agege has a population of about 461,123 people
10. Ifako-Ijaiye is a city and local government area in Lagos, Nigeria. It has a land area of 43 square kilometres (17 sq mi) and had a population of 427,878 people in 2006.
- Map Of Lagos State Showing All The Local Government
- Which State Has The Highest Local Government In Nigeria?
- Top 10 Largest Town In Anambra State
- The First Local Government In Nigeria
- Amazing facts about Obudu by Michael Uzoma Michael
- Lagos Plans To Sell Lake Rice N12,000 for 50kg bag, N6,000 for 25kg , And N2,500 for 10kg Because Of “Eld-el-kabir”
- Here Are List Of 5 Best Places To Live In Lagos