Troops of 5 Brigade Garrison, 8 Division Nigerian Army, Operation LAFIYA DOLE, while on routine patrol as part of the on going clearance operations in Aisaram village, Gubio Local Government Area, Borno State, on Sunday 29th October 2017, encountered 2 Boko Haram terrorists riding on horse back at about 6.20am.
The Boko Haram terrorists were fleeing from the ongoing clearance operation in one of their hideouts in Gambo Yukku forest, Gubio Local Government Area of Borno State, when the patrol team accosted them but they refused to stop, rather attempted to outflank the troops, but were spotted and shot by vigilant troops during the fire fight that ensued.
The troops recovered an AK-47 riffle, a magazine with a single round of 7.62 millimeters ammunition and 2 machetes. Other items recovered include 2 mobile telephone handsets, 2 horses and 7000 Naira cash.
- See The 6yr-Old Boy Rescued From Boko Haram Captivity By Soldiers (Photo)
- Nigerian Soldiers Rescues 85 Persons Held Hostage By Boko Haram, Destroys Their Logistic Base (Photos)
- Nigerian Soldiers Neutralize 3 Young Female Suicide Bombers In Gamboru, Borno State (Photos)
- Another Deadly Blow As Boko Haram Terrorists Ambush Nigerian Army Soldiers in Bornu , Scores Feared Dead
- Breaking News: Boko Haram Leader, Shekau On The Run Wearing Woman Attire
- Gallant Nigerian Soldiers Kill 82 Boko Haram Terrorists, Rescue 468 Hostages In Borno, Yobe
- SAD! See Pictures Of Nigerian Soldiers Killed During Boko Haram Ambush In Borno State