2 Dead, 19 Rescued Alive As Boat Capsizes Under Third Mainland Bridge In Lagos (See Pictures)
Marine Police of the Lagos State Police Command in a joint effort with Rapid Response Squad this morning rescued 19 passengers of a capsized boat under the Third Mainland Bridge. The Boat, which was conveying 21 passengers capsized at about 10:00 a.m. this morning.
An eyewitness called the OC Marine Police who immediately deployed 7 boats to the scene.
RRS Helicopters got the coordinates and mobilized to the scene, leading to the quick rescue of 19 passengers and recovery of the corpse of a woman passenger whose husband fortunately was rescued in the incident.
Meanwhile, Police have arrested the conductor of the capsized boat after its driver abandoned the passengers and ran away from the scene of the incident.
The rescued passengers along with the conductor of the capsized boat have been taken to the Marine Police Office in Keffi, Obalende, Lagos.
The capsized boat has equally been recovered and taken to Marine Police yard while corpse of the dead passenger have been deposited in Mortuary.
Police officers on Third Mainland and Oworo Police Division also joined in the rescue operation.
- Prince Wasajja Is Not Dead, He Survived The Lake Victoria Boat Cruise Accident
- 6 Confirmed Dead After boat carrying more than 150 passengers capsized In Northwestern Colombia.
- See The Name Of The Man Who Committed Suicide At The Lekki-Ikoyi Bridge Yesterday
- Tragic! 9 Confirmed Dead In Ilashe, Lagos Boat Accident
- Give Me My Change Or We Will Die Here Together – Passenger Tells Conductor While Fighting (Photos/Video)
- Heavily Armed Militants Attacks Marrine Police Base In Ogun, Kills One Officer, Injures 3, Moves Away With Police Speed Gun Boat
- Breaking News: 107 People Crashes Moments After Boeing 737 Take-off In Cuba (Watch Video & Photos)