Wole Soyinka has cleared the air over claims that he created a blog, facebook and twitter account.
The Nobel laureate, Wole Soyinka, on Monday lambasted those he called ‘identity thieves’ who impersonate him online and operate social media accounts in his name.
Mr. Soyinka made the condemnation at a press briefing organised by the Wole Soyinka Foundation at Freedom Park, Lagos Island.
The briefing was part of the Foundation’s initiative to seek public support for its Study Abroad In Lebanon, SAIL, programme.
Speaking at the programme, Mr. Soyinka dissociated himself and the Wole Soyinka Foundation from every Facebook and Twitter account operated by those he said were out to defraud unsuspecting members of the public.
“They created a Wole Soyinka blogspot or whatever. There is also Wole Soyinka Twitter. Please, I am begging you (journalists) to note that I don’t do Facebook, I don’t do Twitter and I don’t do blogs.
“I implore you in the name of whatever it is you believe in to help squash them,” he said.
“Please note that they are fake. There is only one Wole Soyinka Foundation,” he added.
- 2017 Wole Soyinka Award Opens for Nominations – See How To Apply (DETAILS)
- Buhari Hiding His Health Status Like Donald Trump Guarding His Tax Returns – Soyinka
- Wole Soyinka’s 20-year-old Son Tunlewa Soyinka, Marries 30-year-old Igbo Lady In Atlanta (Photos)
- Bayelsa Governor Dickson Gives Wole Soyinka An Ijaw War Canoe, Makes Him An Ambassador
- Some People Think They Can Use Me To Cause Tribal War In Nigeria – Soyinka
- June 12: Stop Creating Confusion In The Minds Of Nigerians – Soyinka To President Buhari [VIDEO]
- Nigeria Is Dying.. Seek Help – Soyinka To Buhari