The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has published the names of 37 registered political parties contesting for this year’s governorship election in Anambra state.
The polls will be held November 18.
INEC, on Wednesday, also released the names of the governorship candidates and their deputies.
The State Resident Electoral Commissioner, Dr. Nkwachukwu Orji, in a chat with newsmen, said the exercise was in line with what is required of the commission by the law.
Orji also appealed to the various political parties in the state. to campaign peacefully to help the commission deliver on its mandate of free, fair and credible election.
Among the political parties and their candidates published are the All progressives Grand alliance (APGA) Chief Willie Obiano and Dr. Nkem Okeke, the All Progressives Congress (APC) Dr. Tony Okechukwu Nwoye and Mr. Dozie Ikedife Arinze, and the People Democratic Party (PDP) Mr. Oseloka Henry Obaze and Mr. Chidi A. Onyemelukwe.
- Nov 18: Anambra Election Will Be Free & Fair – INEC
- When Is Ekiti State Election? See Date HERE!!
- 73 Parties To Take Part In 2019 Elections – INEC
- How INEC Will Conduct 2 Election In Anambra November 18
- APDA, ADP Three Other Parties Receives Certificates Of Registration From INEC
- JUST IN: INEC Registers 23 New Political Parties [FULL LIST]
- Anambra Election Was Much Of Cash-and-Carry Election And Obiano Bought His Victory – Barrister Okechukwu (DG Of The Voice Of Nigeria)