After the 25- member House passed a vote of confidence on him and less than 48 hours after the Assembly was invaded by hoodlums that disrupted plenary.
His letter of resignation was read by the Deputy Speaker, Hassan Abdullahi, who presided over plenary, which later elected Majority Leader, Kolawole Matthew, as the new Speaker, unopposed.
- 6 Things You Need To Know About The National Assembly Nigeria ”Mace” Stolen By Hoodlums
- Ahmed Imam, Speaker Of The Kogi State House of Assembly – See New Appointment
- Plateau State House Of Assembly Speaker, Peter Azi Impeached
- Breaking News: Senate Invaded By Hoodlums, Mace Hijacked, Taken Away (photos)
- Hon Makama Beaten And Stripped Naked As Thugs Attack Kogi State House Of Assembly (PHOTOS + Full Details)
- Happening Now: Edo State House Of Assembly Speaker, Mr Justin Okonoboh, Has Been Impeached
- JUST IN: Monday Igbuya, Delta State House of Assembly Speaker Impeached