For almost two hours, President Muhammadu Buhari Monday received briefing from the Minister of Budget and National Planning, Senator Udoma Udo Udoma, the Minister of Finance, Mrs Kemi Adeosun, and Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), Mr Godwin Emefiele, after which a delighted President declared that he was pleased with the progress being made on different fronts.
The Ministers and CBN Governor updated the President on the improving state of the economy, implementation of the 2017 Budget, preparation for the 2018 Budget, revenue strategies, combined cost reduction and debt management.
Also discussed were monetary policy strategies and their economic impact, among others.
President Buhari, while reminding the Ministers and CBN Governor that reviving the economy was one of the major planks on which the campaign of his party, the All Progressives Congress (APC), was based, expressed gladness that things were looking up after two years of yeoman’s job.
Urging them to keep at it, the President noted that the main aim of government was to bring succour to Nigerians across all walks of life.
- Breaking: Why Osinbajo Signed The 2017 Budget Bill – Buhari Reveals
- Breaking: For The 3rd Time, Buhari Fails To Appear At FEC Meeting
- Breaking News: Buhari Directs Minister of Finance, Budget & Central Bank Governor, To Negotiate With State Governors For The Release Of The Outstanding Balance Of The London & Paris Debt Refund
- Controversial Minister Of Women Affairs, Senator Aisha Alhassan Live In FEC Meeting With President Buhari In Aso Rock (Photo)
- Jonathan’s Government Cause Of Fuel Scarcity – Lai Mohammed
- President Buhari’s Re-election Campaign To Start On January 2018 – Adebayo Shittu, Minister Of Communications,
- Amaechi Has Offended God, He Must Publicly Apologise To Nigerian Pastors Before Buhari’s Govt Will Move Forward – Bishop Adeoye