George Moghalu is the National Auditor of the All Progressives Congress (APC) and aspirant for the party’s governorship ticket in Anambra State. In this interview with newsmen, he expresses reservation about the agitation for an independent Biafran Republic by separatist groups like the Independent People of Biafra (IPOB), declaring that such agitation will undermine the South-East quest for the Presidency.
Ahead of this election, a separatist group in the South-East, IPOB, has vowed to disrupt the election. As an aspirant, aren’t you worried?
The issue of not wanting Biafra and not wanting election, I think it has been sufficiently addressed by various Igbo organisations. Ohanaeze has come out to make its position clear. What message are we sending when we say we don’t want to have election in Anambra? One state in our zone? It doesn’t make sense. I believe that there will be election and I believe that the Ohanaeze and other Igbo leaders have come out to say that the elections will hold in the South-East. I am sure that the Federal Government has the capacity to provide enough security for people in Anambra.
- Stopping Anambra Election Cannot Give Us Biafra.. It Must Hold – Uwazuruike Blasts Nnamdi Kanu
- IPOB Said There Will Never Be Election In Anambra.. Election Has Come & Gone – Lai Mohammed
- Why Igbo Leaders Are Trooping To The APC – Tony Momoh
- When I Hear People Say They Will Crush The Igbos I Always laugh at them, Is Better They Break Out – Otunba Gani Adams
- If You Boycott Anambra Election Those Who Don’t Want Biafra Will Take Over – BIM Warns Nnamdi Kanu, Agitators
- Don’t Be Surprise, That Boy Nnamdi Kanu Will Contest For 2019 General Election, Igbos Have Nowhere To Go – Kwankwaso
- Ozubulu Attack: Ohanaeze Is Responsible For The Death Of People – Nnamdi Kanu