The Governor of Bayelsa State, Seriake Dickson has warned some regional leaders who are mistaking the call for restructuring of the country for a call for division.
The governor noted that the call for restructuring has been on ground for a long period now, but that subsequent leaders have not given their ears to it.
According to him, the issue is not just being raised by the Nnamdi kanu-led Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB, or the Movement for the Actualization of a Sovereign State of Biafra, MASSOB but almost every well-meaning Nigerian.
Dickson said that those calling for restructuring are actually those that want the country united, balanced, more stable and equitable.
The Governor, who spoke on AIT, said, “The word “restructuring” has been so overused and over flogged over the years. Its not just IPOB or MASSOB that is raising Issues about restructuring. The call did not start with the President Government. It has been even dur
“May be because of the over use or repeated use of this word, associated with some of the developments in some parts of the country I think there is some apprehension as to what this word restructuring really and truly means.
“Another word for restructuring is re-organization. Let us reorganize and readjust our structure within the context of one united Nigeria.
“This conversation about restructuring is not to the detriment of a united Nigeria. As a matter of fact, those who are making a case for restructuring are believer in a united Nigeria.
“They want make the country more stable, more balance, equitable and be able to survive that test of time. For the call is made in good fate. All that is required is for leadership is to rise to the occasion, not to indulge any kind of blame games.
“Not for some leaders to be preaching disunity, hatred, calling out war drums, calling out war dogs, we don’t need all of that because as the Acting President right said, if violent or any situation rises, we don’t know how it’ll end.”
- Buhari, Lai Mohammed, El-Rufai, Tanko Yakassai.. Are The Only Who Are Against Restructuring- Afenifere
- Social Media Is Destroying Nigeria, If I Am Nigeria’s President I Will Do Something About It – Gov. Umahi
- There Is Nothing Wrong With Nigeria – Okorocha
- Restructuring: I See No Reason Setting Up A Committee For Something That Is Not Negotiable – APC Chieftain, Timi Frank
- BREAKING NEWS: 2019 Election Is A Referendum On Restructuring – Ijaw Leaders
- Restructuring: The North Has Enough Mineral Deposits That Will Sustain Them – Tambuwal
- We Don’t Have To Restructure Nigeria Now – Arewa Youths