PRESIDENT BUHARI BACKS ACTING PRESIDENT TO SIGN 2017 BUDGET BILL.
Following the receipt of a full brief on the 2017 Appropriation Bill as passed by the National Assembly, and to buttress the unity at the highest level of government, President Muhammadu Buhari has indicated that it is in the interest of the nation’s economy for the Acting President, Professor Yemi Osinbajo, to sign the Appropriation Bill into law.
In a letter dated June 10, 2017, which he personally signed and addressed to the Minister of Budget and National Planning, Senator Udoma Udo Udoma, the President also said he was “pleased by the joint resolution that the Executive would submit next year’s budget proposals by October 2017 and the National Assembly will conclude the Appropriation process by December 2017, so that the country can return to a normal fiscal period from next year onwards.”
Senior Special Assistant to the President
(Media & Publicity)
June 12, 2017.
- Breaking: President Buhari To Receive The 2018 Budget Tomorrow – Saraki
- Breaking News! Osinbajo To Sign The 2017 Budget Any Moment Now As The Documents Arrives His Office
- President Buhari Presents 2018 Budget To N’assembly Today
- Live Updates: Nigerian President, Buhari Presents 2018 Budget To Joint Session Of National Assembly (Watch Video/Photos)
- Read What President Buhari Discussed With Adeosun, Udo Udoma And Emefiele Today
- President Buhari’s Special Adviser Femi Adesina Caught Sleeping During The Presentation Of 2018 Budget (Photos)
- See Pictures Of 2018 Budget Nigeria Presented By President Buhari At The National Assembly